5 Reasons Why Affiliate Marketing Is The Best Online Business Model
November 30, 2016
Affiliate marketing in the form many of us know so well has been around since the dawn the internet. Companies all over the world realise the income potential of having an affiliate program in place. Affiliate marketing is a winning business model for both the affiliate and the merchant. Most affiliate models work on a “pay-per-sale” basis, meaning that affiliate will only receive commissions if they actually make sales. This works for merchants because they don’t have to pay for affiliates that don’t generate any sales and on the other side of the coin, it allows for virtually unlimited income potential for the affiliate marketer. If you’re completely new to affiliate marketing and want to find out more about the basics of what it and how it works check out this article from Bengu Marketing.
I believe that affiliate marketing is one of the best online business opportunities out there at the moment.
Here are five reasons why:
- You don’t need to create your own product. Many people starting out with business already have enough overwhelm to deal with, let alone having to come up with a brilliant product from scratch. Affiliate marketing lowers the barrier of entry for people that want to start up their own business because you can leverage the awesomeness of someone else’s product and just promote that to make your income.
- You don’t need to handle posting and packaging. Many affiliate products are digital products and services that are delivered instantly to a customer. Even when you are promoting physical products, (such as on Amazon) the affiliate is never required to handle shipping.
- You don’t need massive startup capital to get started. There are tons of affiliate programs out there, some are way better than others but the bottom line is that you don’t need to have a lot of money to get started. The most important things to learn are the fundamentals of marketing, gaining the knowledge that will allow you to effectively reach the target demographic for whatever you are promoting. After that, it is equally important to take action on the things you have learnt and stay consistent with your marketing. This is a recipe for success.
- It gives you the freedom and flexibility to do what you want when you want. You aren’t tied to any geographical location. You only need a laptop and internet connection and you’re in business.
- It allows you to create a passive income stream. Once you have your marketing setup correctly and you’re converting on your offers within your KPI’s you no longer need to work on that particular campaign, meaning you can literally sit back while the commissions role in to your bank account.